Paul Mainardi is a partner with the firm. His practice is concentrated in the areas of business transactions and business litigation in state and federal courts including Bankruptcy Court. He enjoys the highest Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating of AV® Preeminent.
Mr. Mainardi graduated from Brown University in 1968. He earned his master's degree in Business Administration from the University of Chicago in 1971, and his law degree from Rutgers University School of Law in 1974.
His clients include 1st Colonial National Bank, Aqua New Jersey, Inc., Capital Bank of New Jersey, Parson Associates Electrical Contractors, Inc., SAP America, Inc., S.W. Electronics Manufacturing Corp., TD Bank, N.A., and other regional businesses, non-profit organizations and individuals.
Mr. Mainardi is admitted to practice in all New Jersey state courts, the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and the United States Supreme Court. He is a member of The Commercial Law League of America.
Aspects of Mr. Mainardi’s practice includes:
- Supervision of the firm’s practice areas of commercial collections, foreclosures, creditor representation in Bankruptcy Court, and workouts;
- Representation of SAP America, Inc. in all of its software licensee bankruptcies throughout the United States;
- Representation of regional lenders in loan and security transactions;
- Serving as court appointed receiver;
- Successful representation of TD Bank, N.A. in New Jersey Supreme Court proceedings examining mortgage lending practices of larger mortgage lenders in New Jersey.
- Representation of parties to business transactions including purchases and sales of businesses, formation of business entities, shareholder agreements and related transactions.
In addition, for more than fifteen years, Mr. Mainardi has served as general counsel to two non-profit economic development organizations headquartered in Camden, New Jersey: Cooperative Business Assistance Corporation [http://www.cbaclenders.com/home.html] is a certified Community Development Financial Institution that originates loans to regional businesses that may not qualify for bank lending, on its own behalf and loans in cooperation with regional financial institutions. Latin American Economic Development Association [http://www.laeda.com] focuses on economic development projects and assisting aspiring entrepreneurs in underserved areas.
Mr. Mainardi is a founding Trustee of The Tyler Clementi Foundation [http://www.tylerclementi.org/], and he is a member of the Advisory Board of The Tyler Clementi Center at Rutgers University [http://clementicenter.rutgers.edu/]. Mr. Mainardi is a member of the Board of Directors, and a performing member, of the world renowned Philadelphia Boys Choir and Men’s Chorale [http://www.phillyboyschoir.org/].